Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Back to School 8th Grade

Another year for Back to School for my youngest.  His last as a middle schooler.  I managed to get photos with his brother and with us, his parents.  A big plus was the photo of him at the back of the bus with his friends.


I started with a sketch challenge over at 2peasrefugees and choose complementary colors to my son's shirt and My Minds Eye Academy collection.
  • I am surprised that I have used so much yellow cardstock in my recent scrapbooking and this layout really called for yellow to match the big yellow school bus!
  • A large circle is cut from Darice Dark Blue Plaid and backed with a dark blue cardstock from my stash.  I have found the best tool for large circles in my Creative Memories XXXXX.
  • A stripe of Bus paper and red School Phrases paper go across the bottom of both sides of the layout.   
  • Each of the photos are backed with blue cardstock.  
  • I stamped the embellishment images from The Paper Company Studio with StazOn Black Tuxedo and water colored each with Memento inks in Rhubarb Stack, Paris Dusk, Dandelion, London Fog, and Peanut Brittle.  I colored a little of each from the Memento Dual Tip Pen on my craft mat and added a spritz of Ink Potion #9.  All the images are die cut with my Brother Scan N Cut.  YEAH, no more fussy cutting!
  • I purchased two files from the Silhouette online store to create the title and subtitle.  The yellow is trimmed from behind the circle mats, and the shadow red is from my stash.  
Thanks so much for visiting my blog, your comments are appreciated! 

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!