Monday, October 7, 2019

Carving Pumpkins for Stick It Down

Stick It Down has a really fun sketch for the double page layout this month!  (We also have sketches for the single page as well as a card so check it out!)

It has a decidedly fall theme that can be switched out for your favorite season or theme.  I had some photos from last fall to scrap, so I went with the pumpkins and Halloween theme.


Searching through my stash I found a great collection by Imaginisce, Hallowhimsy Collection that was perfect for putting together this layout.
  • The background is part of the collection with the subtle spider webs.
  • Both sides of several sheets are used to create the coordinating tags to match the tag from my stash.  A 1/2" circle punch and the Cropidile is used to create the reinforcement holes.    The edges are inked with Delicata Black Shimmer to add definition.  
  • My new Brother Scan N Cut came in handy with all the pre-loaded Halloween images.  I used all of them in smaller sizes to create the die cuts. 
  • For the title I down loaded Silhouette's "Carving Pumpkins" file.  To help is stand out a bit more I outlined it in Black Zig writer.   
  • To add the border I used Paper Studio Pumpkins washi tape.  
  • The dotted tag needed a little sprucing up so I added Happy Halloween washi tape on a diagonal.  
I had a lot of fun creating this layout with the sketch this month.  It is a great way to incorporate several themed papers together, or to use up scraps from a collection.  Thanks so much for stopping by and come play along with us at Stick It Down this month!

1 comment:

  1. A great layout for sharing a past Halloween event. When our kids were small we always carved them too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!