Monday, November 4, 2019

November Stick It Down Double Page Sketch

Normally I like to use the sketch within the season, but I just happened to have the exact number of photos already printed for this layout that fit this month's Stick It Down sketch perfectly!  So a summer themed boy layout it is!





My photos aren't the exact size, and I moved them around just a bit, but I do love the gears as embellishments!



I had purchased specific patterned paper to complete this layout and the sketch was helpful in stretching the paper over two duplicate layouts, one for each boy's album.
  • Two sheets of American Crafts Bicycles were trimmed in the direction that matched the layout.
  • Core'dinations Light Aqua Plaid was trimmed for the layouts.
  • Craft Smart Embossed Cardstock was a perfect color match and one sheet was trimmed for the layouts.    
  • Using Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Gadget Gears and Spellbinders Donna Salazar Sprightly Sprckets I die cut a variety of gears for embellishements.  I used the Craft Smart Embossed Cardstock, a sheet of coordinating light aqua cardstock from my stash, and DCWV Metallic Silver cardstock to create the gears.  
  • Since the background was white I used the light aqua cardstock from my stash and stamped Recollections Grunge Alphabet with Memento Luxe Teal Zeal to create the title.  My Brother Scan N Cut made quick work of electronically die cutting the letters.  
  • I added the journaling underneath the title, as there was a fun story to go with these photos.  The man who was the biggest "master mechanic" did so just for fun, Dad got in on the action a little too, but Kurt just enjoyed teaching a 10-year-old how to fix a flat!
This layout was a bit time consuming to complete, but once done I am really pleased with the results.  Do give this sketch a try, or one of the other sketches over at Stick It Down.  Thanks for stopping by Snippets of Time to Craft!  

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!