Saturday, April 4, 2020

Dog Sympathy Card

On Monday of this week I accompanied my In-laws to the vet to help their beloved Duke cross the Rainbow Bridge.  It was not unexpected, but is still always hard to say goodby to a well loved dog.  Once I found a sketch and the pet patterned paper I was good to go!


  • DCWV The Pets Stack provided the right panel and the "Duke" name.  One sheet had a list of common dog names, conveniently so for Duke!  
  • I used the Three-in-one heart die by Lifestyle Crafts from 2010 to create all the hearts, and fussy cut the aqua around the Duke names.
  • Recently I purchased a Dog Sympathy stamp set from Scrapbook.com and have already used it twice since the beginning of the year.  The sentiment is stamped in Memento Luxe Wedding White and the paw prints in Memenoto Luxe Rhubarb Stalk
  • All the cardstock is from my scrap stash. 
This card was inspired by the following sketch at Freshly Made Sketch 429


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I was happy to have the time to create a special card for my Mother and Father In-Law. 

2 comments:

  1. I am sure it is a comfort to Duke's owners too. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so thoughtful of you to make this card. I love that it is personalized. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!