Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Tic Tac Toe for Retro Rubber Sympathy card

 Time for a new challenge over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog, a fun Tic Tac Toe inspiration board.   There a a few simple rules 1) Use at least one stamp that is more than a year old 2) Tell us how long you've had it or when it was manufactured 3) Enter up to ten challenges, including ours.  

I decided to use the middle horizontal row to make a clean and simple sympathy card.  As the card would be masculine I went with twine instead of ribbon, thinking that it's super similar and a tad more masculine.

 


This is an A2 sized card 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 base.

  • Sizzix skeleton leaves are die cut from green cardstock.
  • Twine is tied around the stem of the leaves.
  • The 4" x 5 1/4" edges of the card front are inked with Memento Luxe Northern Pine.  
  • The sentiment from Sincere Senitments 2/2007 is stamped in Memento Luxe Northern Pine.  This set has been used many times and was acquired when I had a subscription to Cardmaking & Papercraft.  It is designed by Simonne Clay. 
  • The die cut is adhered with Zig Two Way Glue.
  • The card front is adhered to the base.

I made several of this design, as I had family members on my husband's side pass away recently.  (Not COVID related)  My uncle who was not expected to survive his bout with shingles that caused encephalitis is making his recovery.  We are very thankful for his recovery, and keep praying for his family.  (So I still have a few in my stash if needed in the future.)

Thanks so much for stopping by and please do join our challenge over at Retro Rubber.  

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!