Sunday, September 13, 2015

Butterfly Birthday ATC


I will admit that the last few weeks have been filled with many things other than crafting.  My creative mojo was on vacation, and other priorities were higher up the list.  I have recently lost almost 30 pounds, which is a great deal of hard work in self discipline, meal planning, and daily exercise.  Along with that comes the cleaning out of my closet and the shopping for a fun wardrobe that fits the new me!  Now that school has started, school shopping is done, the boys’ rooms are de-cluttered, and the playroom given a thorough cleaning out I feel like I have a little time to play in my craft room.   (We won’t talk about the fact the craft room could use a little cleaning itself!)

This afternoon I sat down to create a Birthday ATC that is a little over due.  I like to use the snips and scraps from projects that were either experiments or didn’t make it for a card or scrapbook page.  This ATC used three leftover bits in its creation.    

I love how the bright sunshine brings out the shimmer!
 
The base Kraft card stock is embossed with Craftwell Teresa Collin’s Woodgrain Cottage and inked with Tsukineko Saddle Brown.  It is from the Advent Calendar I made last November!  The background is from the ABAC Celebration project in July and uses Imagine Crafts Fireworks in Dandelion, Tangelo, and Lady Bug.  More than a year ago I played around with Cheery Lynn’s Exotic Butterflies Small #2 and Angel Wings.  I think the Angel Wings is highlighted with Rexell Derwent Watercolor pencils with a bit of Liquid Pearls in Buttercup.  The new addition to pull the whole project together was the branch is Quickutz Wildflower with a bit of creative trimming.  The sentiment is from Inkadinkado Just Saying.  It is stamped in Tsukineko Saddle Brown.  

Just for fun, the reverse side.
  
The layers are adhered together; the branch is adhered with Zig Two Way Glue, which is perfect for small pieces.  After shaping the butterfly it is adhered with dimensional foam adhesive and glue dots. 

Proud to say that this ATC was a winner of this challenge:


The following challenges provided some inspiration to get me going today! 
Pile It On #86 Birthday





7 comments:

  1. Very pretty! It's perfect for an ATC. Thanks for joining us this week with cheery Lynn designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful atc card...thanks for sharing at pile it on

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great ATC, never thought of using my die cut butterflies on ATC's. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Great colors. Thanks so much for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck in the draw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great card! Thank you for joining us over on the HIMCR blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the weight loss! Cute card -- I love butterflies! Thanks for joining our Winds of Change Challenge at Lacy Sunshine Challenge Blog. Julie O, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely and I love the soft gold colour you used. Thanks for joining in the Lacy Sunshine Challenge this time. Hope to see you again.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    Lacy Sunshine DT

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!