We have a Clean and Simple sketch for our challenge for the next two weeks at Retro Rubber Blog Challenge. Please stop by the blog and check out the lovely creations of the Design Team.
I was inspired by a post by a fellow Artist In Residence for Imagine Crafts, Nadine Carlier, to try a new technique with Kaleidacolor ink and Ink Potion No. 9. This made for a very quick but elegant card.
1. Trim white card stock to 3 3/4" x 5" and ink with ink blusher and Berry Blaze Kaleidacolor.
2. Spirtz Ink Potion No. 9 on craft mat and stamp image on mat to pick up Ink Potion No. 9. Stamp along bottom edge of card stock. A watermark style image will appear. JudiKins Relish Bollio from before 2004 was used for this card. Heat set with embossing tool.
3. Ink the image area with Versa Mark Dazzle, heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
4. Draw a line with Versa Mark Pen and heat emboss with silver embossing powder.
5. Stamp Hero Arts It's Your Day sentiment (2015) in Versa Mark Dazzle and heat emboss with silver embossing powder.
6. Spritz panel with Shimmer Spray in Sparkle and set aside to dry. It is difficult to see in a photograph the beautiful shimmer of this card.
7. Trim white card stock to 4" x 5 1/4" and ink edges with Versa Mark Dazzle and heat emboss with silver embossing powder.
8. Adhere edged panel to an A2 size white card stock base and mount second panel with dimensional foam adhesive.
This was a fun card to quickly create and I appreciate the inspiration of a great sketch and a fun new technique. Do give a try at this challenge and join the fun over at Retro Rubber Blog Challenge!
I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Polkadoodles Week 16 Swirls and Flourishes (in the stamp design)