Our challenge at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges for the next fortnight is to make a project using your favorite color. If you know me, you know that purple has been my favorite color since I was a child. My wedding colors were royal purple and red at Christmas time. I have a number of purple clothing items both for winter and summer! I do love me some purple! Any hue of purple will do as my card demonstrates. Stop by Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges and check out all of the wonderful creations of the Design Team and the variety of favorite colors.
1. Recollections Purple Passion collection has 5 colors of coordinated cardstock that were die cut using the Heartfelt Creations Layered Swirl. After each layer is die cut they are adhered together with temporary adhesive and the excess edges are trimmed off.
2. The top layer is pressure embossed with Cuttlebut D’vine Swirl. Two sections of cardstock are trimmed to a 1” width and scored down the center. These are adhered between the layers on the front and back to create the card that swings open from the center.
3. A section trimmed to 1 ¼” is punched with Martha Stewart’s loops border punch. Another strip is trimmed to create a band to hold the card closed. All layers are adhered together with permanent adhesive.
4. Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret is die cut, stamped with Versa Magic Cloud White and heat embossed with white embossing powder, and then shaped into flowers.
5. Boxer Scrapbooking’s “Happy Birthday” is stamped in Memento Luxe Elderberry.
Shhhhh, but some lucky sister will get this card for her birthday! She likes purple too! So make a project with your favorite color and link it up at Ruby's Rainbow Challenges!
I would like to enter my card in the following challenges: