Thursday, January 8, 2015

Throw Back Thursday Magnetic Memo Boards


Wow, it is Thursday and not a holiday!  Time for a new Throw Back Thursday post, to review past projects made before I started blogging.  In 2010 I created a few personalized magnetic memo boards for my nieces and sis-in-law.  I made a total of five, but did not photograph the first two before I sent them off.  (Oops!)



For each I started with a 12” x 12” galvanized metal sheet that I rounded the corners and drilled holes in for a more finished look.  Plaid Mod Podge in matte finish layered the decorative papers in place.  A combination of patterned papers, stamping, stencils, decorative scissors, and punches were used to decorate the layers.  



I painted chipboard letters with Making Memories Scrapbook Colors paint.  I still have a large collection of paint colors and it is perfect for painting on paper or chipboard.  Pam and Larissa’s letters were finished with stamped images in StazOn Cotton White.  Rachael’s letters covered in the same paper as the Tim Holtz music staff stencil at the bottom of her board . . . it was the first try with the stencil repurposed to decorate the letters.  Each letter has small ceramic magnets so the name letters can also be used to hold things to the board.  A jewelry grade adhesive, E6000 glue held the magnets in place.  



The flower magnets were assembled and adhered to ceramic magnets.   The glass baubles have decorative paper adhered with Mod Podge to the back-side, then they are attached to ceramic magnets.  Each board is finished with a coordinating ribbon. 

I used this same idea here for Keys to a Good Life MemoBoard.   Thanks for stopping by!  

1 comment:

  1. Moved Rachael back into the dorm on Monday; Tuesday it was on the wall again. It is great to see she is using it. Gma Lyon

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!