A few weeks (oops, months) ago a card was selected for a spotlight at Crafting by Designs and they graciously asked me to be a guest designer. Since life has been super hectic with long-term-maternity-leave-high-school-science-teacher-with-three-different-classes job, I opted to join them this week for the Button Up challenge. Here is my take on using a few buttons to create a fun card! Check out the rest of the creations by their magnificent Design Team!
1. Since time was of the essence I grabbed a card making kit from my scraps stash and decided to work with My Minds Eye Magnolia Starburst collection. All the papers are bits and pieces from the collection plus a matching scrap of light green paper left over from some previous layout project. Great way to use up scraps and get instant mojo with matching results!
2. All three “flowers” are created using 1” Glue Dots. Flower one is a strip of patterned card stock trimmed with Fiskars mini scallop scissors and scored every ¼” and accordion folded into shape. The ends are attached together and the circle gently flatten onto a waiting ginormous glue dot. Add a bit of fiber through a coordinating button and adhere with another 1” glue dot, and finish with a strip of variegated ribbon stem.
3. The second flower is orange ric rac folded and adhered to the glue dot. A few gathers along the way create a nice petal effect. The center button with craft thread is adhered with dimensional foam adhesive. A grosgrain ribbon stem with a looped leaf completes flower two.
4. The third flower is five sections of 1 ½” grosgrain ribbon looped and adhered to a glue dot to make five flower petals. The center button has a bit of think ribbon thread and tied into place. The stem and leaf is bits of green ric rac.
5. The background is sections of the Magnolia collection trimmed to fit onto a 6 Bar cream card stock base. The green card stock was punched with the EK Succes mini scallop punch to add a bit of visual interest. Once the flowers are adhered into place a bit of blue ribbon is tied in a bow and adhered to hold the bunch together.
6. The sentiment by Stampedous “Happy Messages” is stamped in Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy. The perfect touch in a simple script to finish off this quick card.
· Imagine Crafts by Tsukineko BrilliancePearlescent Ivy
· Stampendous “Happy Messages”
· My Minds Eye Magnolis Starburst collection
· Fiskar mini scallop scissors
· EK Success mini scallop punch
· 1” Glue Dots, mini glue dots
· Misc: buttons, craft thread, fiber, ribbon, green and cream card stock, adhesive.