Using red and pink together can be a bit of a challenge in itself, but once I started it was easy. The first time I created the card I used white card stock, but decided that glossy white card stock would do Memento dye based inked better justice.
1. Spritz Studio Calico hearts with irResistible Love Letter until covered with glossy ink. Set aside to dry, in my case over night!
2. Ink the flat portion of the Cuttlebug Hugs & Kisses embossing folder with Memento Angel Pink. Place glossy card stock trimmed to 3.5” x 4” and pressure emboss. The raised portion will remain white and the background will pick up the ink. Angel Pick is very light, so there is just a hint of color on the glossy card stock. Ink the outside edges with Memento Lady Bug.
3. Stamp the small heart from Technique Tuesday’s Say It Happy in Memento Lady Bug and Angel Pink and stamp glossy card stock trimmed to 1.75” x 4”. This is a newer stamp for me but I’ve had it since late 2014 so it qualifies! Ink the outside edges with Memento Lady Bug.
4. Stamp Technique Tuesday’s Just Love Seal in Memento Lady Bug and add “we” and “(tons)”. This is from last year’s TT’s Valentine collection, it came out in January 2015. Die cut with Spellbinders Standard Circle Large.
5. Adhere card stock sections to A2 card stock base. Adhere seal with dimensional foam adhesive, and the hearts with glue dots.
This is a quick and easy card to create and will be perfect to send to our daughter who is away at college. Create your own project and share with us at Retro Rubber BlogChallenge. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Valentine’s Day!
Supplies by Imagine Crafts by Tsukineko:
· Cuttlebug Hugs & Kisses
· Technique Tuesday Just Love Seal and Say It Happy stamp sets
· Spellbinders Standard Circle Large
· Studio Calico hearts
· Misc: White card stock A2 size, glossy card stock, die cut machine and embossing mat, adhesive and dimensional foam adhesive.
I would like to share my card with the following challenges:
Sketch Saturday #397 with the following sketch
Glitter ‘n’ Sparkle Challenge Blog #173 Embossing (Dry or Heat)
Addicted to Stamp Challenge #119 Anything Goes with a stamp
Sweet Stampin’ Challenge Valentine