Thursday, May 16, 2013

Therapy Through Crafting

A few weeks ago a very dear friend of mine received the news that her breast cancer had returned.  It was devastating news for her and her family.  As a long distance friend, there is not much that I can do to support her, other than pray on her behalf.  As a friend I also experienced grief at the news and decided to craft refrigerator magnets for her upcoming prayer time.  Thus I could be there is spirit, if not in body.  I also found time crafting the gifts very therapeutic, time to pray and bless each one for her healing and for those who provide support around her.
 I used SpellBinders dies for the border, ovals, and the foliage.  The Foliage is stamped with a Heartfelt Creations stamp, Leaf Medley.  The Roses are a HFC Vintage Floret.  I really like the Vintage Floret die and stamp because there is a 5 point bud leaf included.
I made 24 magnets for my friend to share with people who came to her prayer meeting.  I had no time to get them in the mail, so the photos were taken outside the FedEx office just before I shipped them to Southern California.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!