Tuesday, May 19, 2015

CAS Spring Thank You


Time is fleeting and crafting time is even scarcer!  I had a need for a Thank You card and made time last night to create this springy version.



The images are by Unity, Blossom Stackers by Samantha Walker and are stamped in Tsukineko Versa Magic Key Lime.  They were then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I purchased the Unity Company stamps after I found the Spellbinder’s Blossom Tags and Accents set by Samantha Walker.  I’ve had fun using these sets together over the last few years.  The die perfectly die cuts that shape.  First I made a mask of the die cut from scrap paper and then carefully aligned the die.  Since the stamps are red rubber it is difficult to stamp the image on the die cut without using a stamp positioner and StazOn ink.

The add the swirls to the back ground I choose two papers from my scrap stash in “graphite” and “sky” and pressure embossed them with Cuttlebug’s D’Vine Swirl. The graphite is 4” x 5 ¼” and was embossed first.  The sky is 2 2/4” x 5 ¼”, and was placed over the graphite while it was still in the die, and then held in place with removable painter’s tape.  The graphite was removed and the sky was embossed and distressed with a sanding block to reveal the white core of the paper. 

The edges of the standard A-2 card base (4 ¼” x 5 ½”) were inked with an ink blusher and Tsukineko Versa Magic Key Lime to match the sentiment panel.  The layers are adhered together and the sentiment is adhered with dimensional foam adhesive. 

As mentioned above, this card was inspired by and is entered into the following challenges:

Even though crafting time is hard to come by this spring it is always good to spend a few minutes in my craft cave getting crafty!

5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card! Thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card...thank you for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Thank you card! Thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.
    -Sandy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Neva! I really like how you layered the swirl background in complimentary colors!! Enjoy the long weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the embossing and sanding on this. So pretty, thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge, your card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!