Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Flowers for Spring at Retro Rubber

I don't know about you, but I love when the spring flowers are blooming.  We have a few in our flower beds, and also some of our trees bloom as well.  It is all lovely!  Retro Rubber's Challenge is to use flowers in your project!  Check out our simple rules 1) Use a stamp that is older than a year and tell us how long you have owned it and 2) Enter up to ten challenges including ours.


I've enjoyed playing with layering stamps in different ways and using Altenew's Vintage Stamp and die set from 2014 was perfect for this challenge.  I used glossy cardstock as the dye based inks are more vibrate when layering stamp colors.  Starting with the lightest color first gives the layered depth to the color.


  • The flowers are stamped on glossy cardstock in Memento Elderberry, Sweet Plum, Lilac Posies, Angel Pink, and Lulu Lavender then die cut with the matching die.  
  • The leaves are stamped on glossy cardstock in Memento Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves, and Pistachio and die cut.
  • Kraft cardstock is die cut with Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Rectangles.
  • A background layer is trimmed to 4 3/4" x 6 1/4".  I used an Ink Dauber to ink the edges in Lulu Lavender to have a perfectly matching frame.
  • Ink a section of glossy cardstock with Lulu Lavender and die cut with Echo Park Sentiments Enjoy die.
  • Adhere the layers together to an A7 Kraft card base.  Select a few flowers and leaves to adhere with dimensional foam adhesive to add a bit more dimension.
Thanks so much for joining me today.  I enjoy reading your comments if you are so inclined to share with me how I've inspired you!  Please join our challenge at Retro Rubber and have some fun creating!

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful and I love the wonderful Spring colors. They look amazing against the kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Neva, the flowers feel so real I want to touch them! I always love cards with dimension. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never think to use glossy cardstock, but you've inspired me! Beautiful floral card, Neva!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!