Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Sketchy Time at Retro Rubber Easter Card

 It is time for a new challenge over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.  This is a beautiful clean and simple sketch that can be adapted in many ways.

Since Easter is coming up I choose a very classic scene for this sketch using Joy Clair's My Redeemer from March 2017.  

  • I do not have a sunburst stencil or die in my stash (gasp!), so I found one as a card design at the Silhouette Design Store and made my own from 60 lb Bristol Board vellum finish.
  • Using my DIY stencil I blended Memento Dandelion, Cantaloupe, and Tangelo to create a background.  
  • The cross is stamped in the center and on another section of cardstock in VersaFine Onyx Black and heat embossed with iridescent embossing powder.  After tapping VersaFine Crimson Red and Vintage Sepia I used a spritz of Ink Potion No. 9 and a fine paint brush to color both crosses.  The second cross is fussy cut with scissors.
  • In my stash of ancient Provo Craft Slabs I found the perfect multi-colored paper to finish the sketch.  A 4" strip was cut and then Lawn Fawn Cuts Stitched Hillside Borders to die cut the two different shades from the paper.  They were purposefully cut a little long so I could overlap the edges in a way that fit the sketch.  After they were adhered I trimmed the excess with scissors.
  • The fussy cut cross was added with dimensional foam adhesive.
  • Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Easter from February 2021 added the sentiment.  It is stamped in VersaFine Onyx Black and heat embossed with iridescent embossing powder.  Memento Cantaloupe is inked over the sentiment that was die cut with the matching die.  A backer die cut was added to finished the sentiment then adhered with dimensional foam adhesive.
A CAS Easter Card, I plan on making a few more as I still have plenty of the multi colored paper to make contrasting hills!  Please do come join us at Retro Rubber Challenge blog and have a little fun creating with the sketch!  

CHALLENGE GUIDELINES

  • We require stamps older than one year.  If we feel you are using newer stamps, you may be disqualified from the challenge without notification.
  • New papers/dies are OK – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
  • Please note that all challenges require the use of at least one stamp older than a year.
  • Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery.   Use keyword RRCB180.  No backlinking. 
  • Link back to the blog using the Linky Tools by the due date. 
  • Enter as many times as you like. 
  • Feel free to combine our challenge with a maximum of 10 challenges.  Entries linked to more than 10 challenges will be disqualified without notification.
  • If your project is posted on a private group site such as Split Coast Stampers or a photo sharing site not all DT members may be able to comment.   Thank you for understanding.
  • Turn off Word Verification.  We love to comment but word verification can make that difficult.

2 comments:

  1. I love your card, Neva! A blessed Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this so much, Neva - what a perfect design for Easter! And great job on your sunburst - I had a "homemade" stencil for years myself, lol, before I broke down and git a die! We of course made a mask right after that, too, lol. Anyway, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!