What fun, time to revisit the 70's color scheme at Retro Rubber. I actually do remember the Avocado Green shag carpet in our home and the Harvest Gold appliances in our kitchen.
For my card I used the color scheme to designed a birthday card for my niece who enjoys succulents. A quick search through my scraps I found a great patterned paper of orange and brown and jumped off from there. All of the cardstock was also from the scrap folders. Economy in card making!
- Brown cardstock is trimmed to 5.25" x 3", the patterned paper is trimmed to 2.75' x 5.125" and adhered to the left edge of an A-2 size card base.
- Gold cardstock is trimmed 4.125" x 3.125", and cream cardstock is trimmed to 3.875" x 2.875". Both layers are adhered to the card base offset from the patterned paper layer.
- The Stamps of Life Succulents2stamp from 2008 is used to stamp the sentiment in the upper right corner in Memento Luxe Olive Grove.
- The flower pot is die cut with the die from the set Succulents2stamp set. Brown, gold, and cream cardstock. The pattern on the rim is stamped in Memento Luxe Olive Grove and the edges are inked.
- The round succulent is stamped in Memento Luxe Olive Grove and shaded with Memento Dual Tip Marker in Pear Tart. The flower is colored with Memento Dual Tip Marker in Cantaloupe. The additional die cut is from the coordinating Succulents 2 set.
- The succulents are adhered to the back of the pot, and the layers of the pot are adhered together before adding it to the card.
Thanks so much for stopping by, your comments are always appreciated!