For the next two weeks the challenge at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog is to use the Ombre effect. Blend inks, find an ombre patterned paper, have some fun! Check out how the Design Team interpreted this challenge! As you can see by the graphic, you may go in any color direction you wish!
- Using a Imagine Ink Blusher I added color to one edge of white cardstock (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") and dragged the color into the rest of the card. The first ink I used was Versa Fine Clair Fantasia.
- To lighten up the ombre effect I switched to Memento Luxe Sweet Plum to finish the background. A little Ink Potion #9 helped blend the colors.
- The add interest the card front panel was die cut with the Concord & 9th Quilted Card front die and the Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Stackables.
- Taylored Expressions Background (Original) Simple Strips Sentiment was stamped in Versa Fine Clair Nocturne and heat embossed with clear embossing powder, then die cut with the matching die. The first set of Simple Strips was released in April of 2019. It is mounted on two more die cuts to add a bit of dimension.
- One of the snippets from my stash with a pink strip that had been border punched with the Tonic Butterfly border punch. It glued to the card front and trimmed at the edges.
- A butterfly is cut from white cardstock using Cheery Lynn Design Exotic Butterfly, and adhered with a rolled up glue dot under just the body of the butterfly.
- Impression Obession Butterflies die is used to cut another scrap that had very similar colors to the purple and are adhered with 1/8" dimensional foam adhesive. These also happened to be in my snippets stash.
Please do come play along with our challenge at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog. We would love to see your projects!
- We require stamps older than one year. If we feel you are using newer stamps, you may be disqualified from the challenge without notification.
- New papers/dies are OK – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Please note that all challenges require the use of at least one stamp older than a year.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. Use keyword RRCB194. No backlinking.
- Link back to the blog using the Linky Tools by the due date.
- Enter as many times as you like.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with a maximum of 10 challenges. Entries linked to more than 10 challenges will be disqualified without notification.
- If your project is posted on a private group site such as Split Coast Stampers or a photo sharing site not all DT members may be able to comment. Thank you for understanding.
- Turn off Word Verification. We love to comment but word verification can make that difficult.
Thanks for stopping by, your comments are always appreciated!
Post a Comment
I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!