Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Play the Tic Tac Toe board with us a Retro Rubber Challenge Blog

 Come have some fun with us a Retro Rubber Challenge Blog and play along with the fun autumn themed board.

 

This was a challenge I created for the team, and I did have fun with the game board.  I decided to go with a set from Concord & 9th that I purchased new back in August of 2021 called Harvest Wreath Turn-About set and dies.  It is very versatile!  


  •  The background is stamped four times in four different ink colors.  I used my Altenew Stamp Wheel which makes is super simple to rotate the image 90 degrees before stamping the next color. The card uses the following Altenew inks: Maple Yellow, Amber Blaze, Melted Butterscotch, Canyon Clay, Burnt Red, Mahogany, and Sand Dunes.  
  • There are smaller stamps that create the splatter  to finish out the rest of the card base.   
  • The card base is die cut with Waffle Flower's Deckled Frames then distressed further and then inked with Mahogany ink.
  • The Happy Birthday sentiment is at least 15 years old and is by Imaginesce, All Kinds of  Happy.  Further embellishment is all from the Harvest Wreath set as well as the circle die. 
  • The leaf die cuts were inked with the matching inks  after they were cut.
  • The card base edges is inked with Mapple Yellow.  
  • The layers are adhered together, with dimensional foam adhesive used under the circle.  The leaf dies are adhered to the back of the circle before it is adhered to the card base to give it all a bit of dimension. 
  • To finish off the card Darice Hemp twine is tied in a bow and adhered with a small glue dot.

This card was super fun to make and I really like the final result.  I hope you have as much fun as I did!  

CHALLENGE GUIDELINES

  • We require stamps older than one year.  If we feel you are using newer stamps, you may be disqualified from the challenge without notification.
  • New papers/dies are OK – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
  • Please note that all challenges require the use of at least one stamp older than a year.
  • Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery.   Use keyword RRCB281.  No backlinking. 
  • Link back to the blog using the Linky Tools by the due date. 
  • Enter as many times as you like. 
  • Feel free to combine our challenge with a maximum of 5 challenges.  Entries linked to more than 5 challenges will be disqualified without notification.
  • If your project is posted on a private group site such as Split Coast Stampers or a photo sharing site not all DT members may be able to comment.   Thank you for understanding.
  • Turn off Word Verification.  We love to comment but word verification can make that difficult.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!