Monday, April 6, 2020

April SID sketch, State Wrestling

How much our everyday life has changed in the last few weeks.  I pray that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy as we weather this pandemic together.  We over at Stick It Down will continue to provide inspiration with our monthly sketches for cards, single page layouts, and double page layouts.  April's double page layout features a large photo.




My choice was to use a photo I purchased from the professional photographers at my older son's state tournament appearance.  I also went for a really BIG title.  I am happy to report that my son was pleased with the layout.


  • I have a collection of wrestling related papers from Stamping Station AKA Scrapbook Customs.  If you have need for a particular sport this is a great place to purchase theme related papers.
  • I keep the cardstock simple and used school colors of red, black and white.  
  • The smaller team photo is backed with Darice Large Black Dot.  The photo was taken from a distance on a balcony above the event center main floor.  I am still pleased that I captured this moment.
  • The wrestlers and singlet cut files are purchased on Esty from PenAndPosh
  • The white script is from Silhouette Sweet Tea font and the red is a font on my Brother ScanNCut.  
During this time we are all dealing with a myriad of emotions depending on our situation.  For me and my family I am at home on 6 acres with my husband, two sons, and four German Shepherds.  We have plenty of chores and activities to keep us sane and happy.  My husband is able to work from home, but as a substitute teacher my services are not required.  I am the family errand runner, so am taking great care to stay safe and clean! 

Do take some time to be crafty!  For many of us it is an escape and therapy!


1 comment:

  1. What a great memory preserved with this fantastic page. I can see why your son loved it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!