It is time to head into a brand New Year, and with this card we can celebrate and Rock On 2016! There are only two inks used for this card, Versa Mark Watermark and Memento Tuxedo Black. Versa Mark Ink is very versatile (pun intended!) and is used for three different fun techniques to create the dimension and texture for this project. Head on over to Imagine Crafts and check out the blog post and the other amazing projects from the Artist In Residence team.
1. Trim cream card stock to 4 ¼” x 11” and fold to create a top fold A2 size card base. Trim black card stock to 4” x 5 ¼”, Kraft card stock to 3 ¾” x 3 ¾”, and cream card stock to 3 ¾” x 1 ½”.
2. Line up black and Kraft card stock with a 1/8” border on each side and adhere with removable tape. Line up the desired section to create an off center design with the Spellbinders Grand Labels One and hold in place with removable tape and die cut.
3. Stamp Fiskars “All Boy” guitar image in a random pattern on the Kraft card stock with the Versa Mark ink. Set aside to dry. Trim to 3 ¼” height. Stamp guitar image on cream card stock in Memento Tuxedo Black. Fussy cut around image.
4. Fun foam can double as a quick foam stamp. Die cut “Rock On 2016” in a chosen font (Quickutz Khaki mini and mini shadow is used here). Apply repositionable Xyron X adhesive to the right side of the letters. Adhere to acrylic block and ink with Memento Tuxedo Black and stamp over watermark pattern on Kraft card stock.
5. Die cut “2016” from cream card stock and tape lightly on Versa Mark ink pad using tweezers to hold each number. Dip in Copper embossing powder and heat set.
6. Apply Vera Mark ink to Spellbinders Music embossing folder with a hard rubber brayer. Apply ink to the side that is predominately flat in the section to be used for the top panel. Pressure emboss and remove card stock. Apply copper embossing powder and heat set. If there are sections that need touch ups, use the Versa Marker Watermark pen and color in areas and add additional embossing powder.
7. Adhere sections of card together. Adhere focal guitar image with dimensional foam adhesive.
Supplies by Imagine Crafts by Tsukineko
· Fiskars “All Boy” stamp set
· Spellbinders Grand Labels One, Music embossing folder
· Quickutz Khaki mini and shadow alphabet sets
· Xyron X repositionable adhesive
· Miscellaneous: Cream, Kraft, and black card stock, rubber brayer, tweezers, die cut machine, removable tape, heat gun, adhesive, dimensional foam adhesive
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges: