It is a New Year and we have a New Challenge over at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenge, Show us something NEW! For example, what crafty gift did you get for Christmas, that you have to play with right away? For me it was the brand new collection from Heartfelt Creations, Coffee Talk. I am a coffee lover and the stamps, dies, and papers are luscious! While the boys in my family were creating enormous Lego vehicles with their new Christmas presents, I created a mug card and really love how it turned out!
1. Follow the directions in the Heartfelt Creation’sVideo to stamp and die cut the mug card. I stamped the Coffee Mug on white card stock with Encore Ultimate Metallic Blue ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The fold was completed and the card die cut. Using a sponge dauber Encore Ultimate Metallic Silver colored the body of the coffee mug.
2. A second Coffee Mug image was stamped and heat embossed. The decorative rim around the cup was fussy cut. Memento Dual Markers in Summer Sky and Danube Blue colored the image. It is easy to stay inside the lines when the image is heat embossed.
3. A tag from the Coffee Talk Paper collection was also fussy cut, as this was to be a Thank you card. I really wished they had included a saying in the set that said “Thanks A’ Latte”!
4. The whip cream image is from Latte Art cling stamp set and is stamped in Versa Magic Wheat and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The image was die cut with the corresponding die and shaped with flower shaping tools to give the edges a bit of a curl.
5. A small slit is cut with a craft knife along the top front edge of the coffee mug and the whip cream image is inserted and adhered.
6. The rim of the mug is shaped and adhered to the coffee mug. The outside edges are adhered directly to the card and the center has a few pieces of dimensional foam adhesive to raise it up just a bit.
7. The tag is adhered with dimensional foam adhesive. Silver metallic thread is tied into a multi-looped bow and adhered over the tag.
· Imagine Crafts by Tsukineko: Encore Encore Ultimate Metallic Blue andsilver, Versa Magic Wheat, Memento Dual Markers in Summer Sky and Danube Blue, Clear Embossing powder, sponge dauber, craft mat.
· Heartfelt Creations: Coffee Talk Collection papers, Coffee Talk, Coffee Mug die sets, Latte Art and Coffee Mug cling stamp sets.
· Miscellanous: white card stock, score board, die cut machine, craft knife, silver metallic thread.
Please do come bay and join the fun at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges and check out the Design Team’s creations. Then share what crafty Christmas present you used to create something NEW!
I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Our Daily Bead Designs Something Old Something New (All stamps and dies are new, the inks and thread are old)
Crafty Boots Challenge Something Old Something New All stamps and dies are new, the inks and thread are old)