Monday, August 7, 2017

Eighteen with Stick It Down


I am pleased to be sharing a new double page layout for Stick It Down.  We have great sketches to start with for every month.  Go check it out!  For August this is a great sketch for when you have just a few photos for an event.



My oldest son just turned 18!  We had a very small family dinner as it has been busy around here.  So I picked the 3 photos of 5 that he let me take on that day.



I decided to work with the red from his shirt and pulled out an old Fancy Pants Designs collection from 2009, Rough & Tough by lili.  I die cut a few circles from the collection with Elizabeth Craft Designs 1116 Stitched Circles for the background.  Clear Scraps Shattered Glass stencil and a bit of Bronze Creative Medium by Imagine added the grungy splattered look to the background red.  My first mats around the photos didn’t stand out well against the other patterned papers, so a very thin mat of black was added.  My really old Quickutz Newsclips alphabet came in handy to die cut the title.  Over all I am pleased with the simple layout, and am glad to have this memory preserved for his album!

Please stop out by Stick It Down and check out all the sketches for the month of August and come play along!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!