Monday, May 7, 2018

Level 4 Swim for Stick It Down


We have a great two-page sketch that can be used many ways for our challenge at Stick It Down this month.  Check out what the other Double Page DTers have created with this multi-purpose sketch!



I choose to scrap some photos of my son from a few years back.  I wanted swim theme die cuts, but didn’t find any in my stash, or really for purchase . . . so I made them!  After googling a few images of swim fins and kick boards I copied them to a word document and sized them for the page.  I printed two copies and then went to work with cardstock, scissors, and ink.  I think they turned out nicely!  I used Versa Magic ink in Mango, Eggplant, Midnight Black, and Cloud White to create depth and dimension.  I selected royal blue cardstock and a light blue patterned paper from a really old stack of Provo Craft papers for the background.  I was looking to match some Mrs. Grossman’s Design Lines I had in my stash.  I am having a blast using up old stuff and creating pages.  Once I had the photos in place I realized there wasn’t quite enough to make the layout shine.  I flicked Fireworks! Spray in Bahama Blue on the lighter colored paper, and in Cottage Ivy on the royal blue.  Just a tiny bit of shimmer.  With a few journal strips and a title die cut with my new Sizzix Just a Note Alphabet I thought I was done. 

True story here, a few weeks ago I tried my hand at making home-made enamel dots from Pony beads.  I put them out on the second-story deck to cool.  Came back 10 minutes later and they had been blown all over the deck and through the slates.  I picked most of them up, and my dear son found a bunch in the grass under the deck.  When I had the layout still on my desk I found another one outside and was inspired to add a few to the layout.  Yes, now it is done!


Another side-note.  I like to photograph my layouts outside . . . here is a photo of one page taking flying lessons!  See the shadow?  I caught the photo while the page was mid-air.

Thanks for stopping by, and do try your hand at the great sketch.  You will have fun!

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!