Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Sending Warm Thoughts

Wow, the fall is just zipping by!  We have wonderful colors in the trees and it is time to think about harvest!  Retro Rubber's challenge for the next two weeks is just that.



I was inspired by the colors and leaves to create my fall themed card, soon to be on it's way as a birthday card to a dear friend.


I started with Kraft card stock trimmed to 4" x 5 1/4" and pressure embossed it with Darice's Leaves embossing folder.  To bring out the design I gently rubbed the top of the embossed areas with Kaleidacolor in Cappuccino Delight.  This is such a great color palette to use for the fall!  Using Hero Arts Color Layering Fall Trees (2016) I stamped the tree image in several layers.  The lightest color of the Kaleidacolor palette is used to edge the torn edges of the image and the sentiment.  The sentiment is form the same set in the darkest color from the set.  Using a sponge dauber I inked the base card, around the image, and the sentiment strip.  Searching through my fibers I found the perfect orange fiber in the exact length I needed for the final touch for this card.  The fiber is adhered with glue dots to the back of the Kraft cardstock and all the layers are adhered together using thin foam dimensional adhesive. 

Please do come and play with us at Retro Rubber.  You can use any part of the image to create your Harvest themed project or card.  We ask that you enter up to 10 challenges included Retro Rubber and use at least one stamp that is a year or more older.  Let us know how long that stamp has been in your stash too.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have some fun with this challenge!

4 comments:

  1. So very beautiful and sure to be appreciated by the receiver. Gorgeous Fall design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Neva, that tree is stunning and I really love the background a great way to make an embossing folder pop, you are so good at that! Claire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neva, I LOVE the way you've highlighted the embossed leaves with the different coloured inks. I think this is a product I might need to find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dry embossing & that beautiful tree!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!