Monday, December 3, 2018

Christmas for Stick It Down Double Page Team

It is almost hard to believe that it is already December and time for one last sketch for the year at Stick It Down!  This one is great for a Christmas layout with the bow in the design, and I took full advantage!


Here is my version using bells instead of holly. Once I decided how to make the bow the layout went together very quickly.


Like many scrapbookers I have a huge stash that goes back years . . . this is collection is from My Minds Eye called "I believe" from 2010.  I used Wreaths and the b side of Candy Cane Stripes.  My first bow idea didn't match the size I wanted, so I tried layering several bows from the Bow-tied Sizzlets Decorative Strip for Tim Holtz.  Using two each of the two larger bows I got the look I wanted to achieve.  Then I used the smaller bows to attach the bells.  The bells are stamped from the Altenew Bells and Bows stamp and die set.  Memento Pistachio, Olive Grove, and Northern Pine inks were colors that matched perfectly.  The title is Spellbinders Etched Alphabet backed by vellum that was inked with Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy.

Using the sketch exactly as it was designed makes for a wonderful Christmas layout.  Thanks so much for stopping by and come join the fun at Stick It Down with your own layout inspired by this sketch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!