Thursday, December 13, 2018

Quick Quotes Club Q Christmas Version

Happy Holidays friends of Quick Quotes from Neva!  Have you seen the beautiful Club Q layouts this month?  I enjoyed using both kits to create layouts to commemorate last year's Christmas memories.  My first layout used one kit as designed with a few tweaks.


The design of the background paper is hard to cover up because it is so pretty!  I had very few photos of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day for 2017 so this layout was perfect.  My photos were landscape rather than portrait orientation thus a few changes were made to accommodate the direction of my photos.


  • The left side uses the laser cut mat from the design for the right side trimmed to 4 1/2" x 6 1/2".  My photo was on the darkish side so the B-side white background created a more balanced color scheme.  The edges are inked in Kokomo Powder Puff Chalking Ink.
  • The green mat is from the original right side as well and is trimmed to 4 3/4" x 6 3/4".
  • All the green mats are inked in Evergreen Powder Puff Chalking Ink for the entire layout.
  • The frames, pennant, and red mats are inked in Kokomo Powder Puff Chalking Ink.
  • The journaling is done Holly Jolly Holidays 100 before being mounted behind the frame and matted with the coordinating laser cut. 

  • The larger mats for the two landscape photos are trimmed from the papers in the small altered kit.
  • The red mat is 6 1/2" x 8 1/4.  The green mat is 6 3/4" x 8 1/2".   
  • The sentiment is trimmed from Holly Jolly Holidays 600 Phrases and Sayings then inked in Evergreen Powder Puff Chalking Ink.  
  • I borrowed the tree from the small altered kit as well, as it balanced the embellishments on the ride side of the photo mat.
Next up is another layout that documents my love of decorating for the Christmas holidays.  I have a few Nativities to display as well as several Christmas Trees from large to small!  I hope you enjoy the small tour through my Christmas Decor!


This layout is significantly different from the design, however the background paper is a great foundation for both layouts.  The papers supplied in the kit were easily altered to fit the design for my layout.  

  • All of the dark red mats and accents came from the sheet of laser cut shapes and are inked in Kokomo Powder Puff Chalking Ink.
  • The borders on the looped accents are also from this sheet trimmed to 3/8" x 11 3/8".  
  • Shhhh, a little secret here, the red mat is actually two of the punched mats butted up together to create on mat behind the Nativities.  You can't even tell can you?
  • To go behind the red mat, Holly Jolly Holidays 103 is trimmed to 5" x 12" for the left side.
  • The focal photo is framed with both sides of 101 trimmed to 4 1/2" x 6 1/2", and 4 3/4" x 6 3/4".
  • All green accents are inked in Evergreen Powder Puff Chalking Ink.
  • All the other accents are inked in Kokomo Powder Puff Chalking Ink. 
  • On my second try I die cut the title from 101.  My first choice didn't show up as well as this version!
  • I wanted a few more snowflakes to add as embellishments, so I die cut them from the scraps from the laser cut snowflakes and border edges. 
  •  
  •  The mats for the photos of my collections are trimmed from 101 and 5 3/4" x 8 and 6 1/4" x 8 1/2".
  • The red mat is the laser cut mat.
  • To go behind the red mat, Holly Jolly Holidays 103 is trimmed to 4" x 12" for the right side
  • The journaling is printed on Holly Jolly Holidays 100 and is inked in Kokomo Powder Puff Chalking Ink.
  • The numbers are punched from 1Holly Jolly Holidays 100 as well. 

Quick Quotes Products
Ultimate Combo Club Q Kit 
Powder Puff Chalking Ink-- Kokomo and Evergreen

Other Products
Sonja and Olivia fonts by Quickutz
Create A Flake One and Create A Flake Three by Spellbinders.

The lovely colors of the Holly Jolly Holiday papers matched my Christmas photos so well.  Christmas is my favorite time of the year and documenting our memories brings me joy!  Thanks for the opportunity to share this joy!  ~Neva

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable! The image looks fantastic and I love the paper! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!