Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Sketch Time for Retro Rubber

 Such a wonderful sketch to work with from Retro Rubber for our challenge for the next two weeks. The design team has really out done themselves in the variety shown with this sketch by our own Claire.

 
 This sketch had me thinking about all the card scrap "kits" I have in my stash from past projects.  The first set I pulled out was perfect for this sketch.  With the paisley printed paper and a recent challenge to use up naked chipboard I was ready to roll!
 
  • The patterned papers are all from Boxer Scrapbooking, a company that I loved that left the industry several years ago.  Originally they were used to make a mini album so I had a plethora of scraps to work with for each element of the card.
  • The fishtail banner is easy to punch using the Paper Studio punch that accepts 1.5", 2", or 2.5" strips.  
  • To match the colors of the patterned papers I used Memento Luxe inks in Tuxedo black, Rose Bud, and Pear Tear to color the Paisley #1 from Deluxe Designs Plain Janes, the naked chipboard that needs a little love in my stash.  I applied the color with an ink dauber and set them aside to dry while I assembled the rest of the card.
  • Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Circles was perfect to die cut the lime green cardstock.
  • The image is from 2019 Ms. Sparkle & Co, one of the bargain sets you can find at Joann's.   
Working from a sketch is a really quick and easy way to put together a beautiful card.  This card came together in about 30 minutes total!  Please do come play along with us at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.   

We have a few simple rules to play along with our challenge:  1) Use at least one stamp that is more than a year old 2) Tell us how old the stamp is 3)  Enter up to only ten challenges including Retro Rubber and 4) You may enter our challenge up to three times.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I enjoy reading your comments if you happen to stop by!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Neva: WOW!! what a colorful and fun card, love the DSP you chose, especially the paisley one, it's so much fun, these designs take me back to my teen years in the 60s.
    Stay healthy and safe, my friend.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your bright colours and retro vibe, Neva.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy the sketch made you think of scraps Neva, that was kind of my intention, all those pieces we have - especially from kits. Your colour combo is my fave - pink, green with a pop of black. Perfect and I am partial to a paisley! Cx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!