Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Late Summer Flowers for Retro Rubber

 Wow, it is almost September!  We have another fun challenge over at Retro Rubber!  Please do come and play along!  The design team and guest designer have done a fantastic job.


I will be honest . . . I did two trials to get a card I really like.  I am not going to post the first try, but just so you know I too have inspiration blocks that I just have to work through!


The wood table inspired the use of Kraft cardstock, the flower vase and green grass lead to my choices for other colors.

  • Cardmaking and Papercraft a magazine from the UK has a free gift with every edition.  This is from August of 2019.  The leaves are stamped in Versa Color Green Tea and die cut with Spellbinders Petite Ovals Small (2008).
  • The flower images are stamped in Versa Color Scarlet, Canary, and Orange.  The ink is layered to make the different colors of yellow-orange.  The images are die cut with the matching dies.
  • The butterfly die cut is inked with Versa Color Canary.
  • The outer butterfly (still from the same set) is die cut from Kraft cardstock.
  • The Spellbinders Floral Ovals (2011) was the perfect compliment to the design of the card.
  • The sentiment is stamped in Versa Color Winter Green so it would show up better on the Kraft cardstock, then die cut with a die from Heartfelt Creations Luggage and tags die set.
  • A REALLY ancient piece of 8.5" x 11" patterned paper is used as a background.  I have had it since my early card making days maybe all the way back to 1997!
  • The layers are adhered together with thin dimensional foam adhesive on a Kraft cardstock base.  
  • Some of the flower are adhered directly to the card, other use dimensional foam adhesive.
  • My recent acquisition of nuvo crystal drops allowed me to add just the right touch to the center of the flowers and the body of the butterfly.  Dandelion Yellow, Ripened Pumpkin, and Bottle Green are used here.  

I am really please with this version of the card and can not wait to send it off in the mail.  Please do come play along with us at Retro Rubber!   We have a few simple rules:

  • We require stamps older than one year.  If we feel you are using newer stamps, you may be disqualified from the challenge without notification.
  • New papers/dies are OK – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
  • Please note that all challenges require the use of at least one stamp older than a year.
  • Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery.   Use keyword RRCB166.  No backlinking. 
  • Link back to the blog using the Linky Tools by the due date. 
  • Enter as many times as you like. 
  • Feel free to combine our challenge with a maximum of 10 challenges.  Entries linked to more than 10 challenges will be disqualified without notification.
  • If your project is posted on a private group site such as Split Coast Stampers or a photo sharing site not all DT members may be able to comment.   Thank you for understanding.
  • Turn off Word Verification.  We love to comment but word verification can make that difficult.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Neva, I love this sweet, little snippet of wild flowers, I have that die you used and I need to go and dust it off, its the perfect frame for your colorful flowers.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    XO

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!