Welcome back to a new year of challenges with us here at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog. We have a great new color challenge to honor the colors of the 50's. I personally just barely made it into the 50's by being born in 1959, the same year Barbie doll was introduced. So I don't have many memories of this color scheme.
I've had this set from Technique Tuesday Chickadee 2.0 from 2017 and thought it would be perfect to use the color scheme. They are cute little Chickadees!
- The card base and backing banners are pastel yellow cardstock.
- The card front is pastel soft turquoise die cut with Kat Scrapiness Stitched Slimline frame.
- The card front is stamped in VersaColor Turquoise with the sentiment from the set, "Smile".
- The chickadees are stamped in Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black and heat embossed in Iridescent embossing powder. Makes it easier to color inside the lines!
- The chickadees are colored with a brush point Fantastix in Memento Angel Pink, VersaColor Seafoam, VersaMagic Thatched Straw, and VersaColor Turquoise. They are die cut with the matching die.
- The sentiments are stamped in VersaColor Turquoise and die cut with Lawn Fawn Sentiment banners. The backing banners are cut from one side larger. To get the banners the right length I die cut each of them twice for the fish tail ends.
- The card is adhered together and is ready to send to a friend!
Please do join us at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog! Do come see all the pretty creations of the design team! We would love to see your work in our gallery!
- We require stamps older than one year. If we feel you are using newer stamps, you may be disqualified from the challenge without notification.
- New papers/dies are OK – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Please note that all challenges require the use of at least one stamp older than a year.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. Use keyword RRCB173. No backlinking.
- Link back to the blog using the Linky Tools by the due date.
- Enter as many times as you like.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with a maximum of 10 challenges. Entries linked to more than 10 challenges will be disqualified without notification.
- If your project is posted on a private group site such as Split Coast Stampers or a photo sharing site not all DT members may be able to comment. Thank you for understanding.
- Turn off Word Verification. We love to comment but word verification can make that difficult.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Post a Comment
I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!