Sketches are great way to a quick start on a card. The challenge at Retro Rubber for the next two weeks is to use this sketch!
My sister-in-law has a Halloween birthday, so I typically make her an appropriate themed card. This year I used the sketch for my inspiration.
I used all scraps from my color bins to create this card, it went together really quickly!
- Darice Crackle Embossing Folder is used on yellow-orange card stock then the texture is popped with a direct inking of VersaFine Vintage Sepia.
- A mat is trimmed from darker orange card stock. The sentiment by Hero Arts It's Your Day 3/2015 is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black.
- The witch's hat is die cut with a Cheery Lynn Design die, Witch Hunt.
- Pumpkins are stamped on lighter orange cardstock in Memento Tuxedo Black with Joy Clair Trick or Treat stamp set from 2016. They are die cut using a Brother ScanNCut.
- The stems are colored with Chameleon Burnt Umber.
- The layers are adhered together with the sentiment and pumpkins with dimensional foam tape.
I also wanted to share the interior of the card:
- The witch is from the Cheery Lynn Design Witch Hunt, die cut at the same time as the hat on the front of the card.
- Silhouette Design Store font BIC Trick or Treat Regular is the fun sentiment on the inside of the card.
Thanks so much for stopping by, your comments are always appreciated!