Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Sketch Time for a Halloween Birthday

Sketches are great way to  a quick start on a card.  The challenge at  Retro Rubber for the next two weeks is to use this sketch!


My sister-in-law has a Halloween birthday, so I typically make her an appropriate themed card.  This year I used the sketch for my inspiration.

I used all scraps from my color bins to create this card, it went together really quickly!

  • Darice Crackle Embossing Folder is used on yellow-orange card stock then the texture is popped with a direct inking of VersaFine Vintage Sepia.
  • A mat is trimmed from darker orange card stock.  The sentiment by Hero Arts It's Your Day 3/2015 is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black.
  • The witch's hat is die cut with a Cheery Lynn Design die, Witch Hunt.  
  • Pumpkins are stamped on lighter orange cardstock in Memento Tuxedo Black with Joy Clair Trick or Treat stamp set from 2016.  They are die cut using a Brother ScanNCut.
  • The stems are colored with Chameleon Burnt Umber.
  • The layers are adhered together with the sentiment and pumpkins with dimensional foam tape.

I also wanted to share the interior of the card:


  •  The witch is from the Cheery Lynn Design Witch Hunt, die cut at the same time as the hat on the front of the card.
  • Silhouette Design Store font BIC Trick or Treat Regular is the fun sentiment on the inside of the card.
I am really pleased with the final result, and it was super fun create a card I know my sister-in-law will enjoy!  Please join us at Retro Rubber and play along with this quick and easy sketch!

CHALLENGE GUIDELINEs

  • We require stamps older than one year.  If we feel you are using newer stamps, you may be disqualified from the challenge without notification.
  • New papers/dies are OK – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
  • Please note that all challenges require the use of at least one stamp older than a year.
  • Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery.   Use keyword RRCB186.  No backlinking. 
  • Link back to the blog using the Linky Tools by the due date. 
  • Enter as many times as you like. 
  • Feel free to combine our challenge with a maximum of 10 challenges.  Entries linked to more than 10 challenges will be disqualified without notification.
  • If your project is posted on a private group site such as Split Coast Stampers or a photo sharing site not all DT members may be able to comment.   Thank you for understanding.
  • Turn off Word Verification.  We love to comment but word verification can make that difficult.

Thanks so much for stopping by, your comments are always appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Neva I love your fun card! The crackle background is awesome and I love the inside sentiment with the flying witch, I have a friend with a Halloween birthday too and I'm always looking for the versatile Halloween sets, this one is great!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!