Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Tag, you're it! from Retro Rubber

 The challenge at Retro Rubber for the next two weeks is to use a tag on your project.  This leaves a great deal of wiggle room!   Please check out the Design Team's interpretations of this challenge.


  I have a 4" x6" box of miscellaneous tags that were the inspiration of my card.  To fit the longer tag I decided on a slimline card size of 3 1/2 x 8 1/2".  

  •  I choose a stamp from Unity Stamp Company's . . . birthday jubilee set from July of 2013.  It is stamped in Memento Peanut Brittle.  All of the tags are also inked with Peanut Brittle.
  • To add a little interest to the next tag I used the Paper Studio Stars embossing folder, then directly inked the raised stars with Peanut Brittle.
  • The last tag has Burlap Ribbon adhered, a bit of ephemera found in the latest cleanup of my craft desk.  Fits perfectly!
  • I pulled out AC Twine in dark brown, then Darice in neutral and tied bows on each tag.
  • All the layers are adhered together and I have an easy peasy quick masculine birthday card ready to go!
Thanks for stopping by, I hope your summer is going well!  Please do enter you project in the gallery over at Retro Rubber Blog Challenge!  


3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous look, Neva - love the cascade of tags in all the natural colors - what a great way to stretch to a slimline with tags! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun layering of all those great tags and I especially like that bit of burlap on the largest one! All the talk of peanut brittle ink makes me hungry for peanuts now, I wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty design for a slimline. I like how each has it's own look and textures!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!