Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Ruby's Rainbow Challenge 108 Asian Themed Card


I recently was invited to join Ruby’s Rainbow Challenge Blog, and was able to select the theme for our challenge this fortnight.  I choose an Asian theme as my senior year of high school was spent as an exchange student to Japan.  Traditional Asian art is beautiful with it's bright colors and nature inspired themes.  


For my card I started with Stamp Camp’s Three Japanese Beauties stamped in Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black on white card stock.  I planned the color scheme around a sheet of origami paper by Yasumoto Fold ‘ems Folkart.  Chameleon Pens in the following colors were used to color the image:  YL2 Summer Sun, OR4 Seville Orange (blended over the Summer Sun), RD4 Crimson Red, GR3 Grass Green, and VO4 Deep Violet.  The edges of the card stock are inked with Tsukineko Versa Magic Red Magic.  The origami paper and image are adhered to a yellow card stock base.  The kanji characters mean “harmony” and are Quickutz die cut from the same yellow card stock as the base card.  The kanji are adhered with Sakura Quickie glue pen. The Judi-kens Paper Cords Cool is tied in a classic Mizukiki cord decorative knot.  Using a little google magic I found this Youtube video in Japanese on how to use Mizuhiki cord.  The knot is adhered with tiny glue dots. 

Please come and play along with our Asian Challenge at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenge Blog and enter your project by July 19th. 

2 comments:

  1. gosh, dearie! this is so awesome!

    Hugs and kisses from germany,
    Silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Neva. Love the colouring. Hugs Helen P xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!