Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Sending Smiles Retro Rubber Blog Challenge 18


For the next two weeks our challenge over at Retro Rubber is fun sketch.  I wanted to create a bright summery card to send to a friend and this is what I created!

  
My card stock scraps provided all the colors to match the bright ribbon.  I wanted the smiley face to be the classic yellow color, so I incorporated that into the sketch.  I once had a very favorite dress I wore in 7th and 8th grade; it was peasant style made from large smiley face fabric.  Just remembering that wonderful dress from the 70’s makes me smile!  I think my brother wore it for a Halloween costume when he dressed up as a girl!

The sentiment and smiley face are from the Technique Tuesday’s Sending Smiles set.  The complementing circles are Fiskar’s Layer Aways Dots and Layer Away Variety.  I used a Spellbinder’s Standards Circles Large to die cut the smiley face.  All Night Meida’s 5/8” punch and Marvy’s ¾” punch provided the embellishment circles.  I used Tsukineko Memento Luxe Love Letter was used to stamp and ink edges on all but the smiley face, which is done in Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  After adhering the top layers together, I used Thermo-web Zips to adhere the ribbon.  The layered circles are adhered directly to the base, with the next layer adhered with dimensional foam adhesive.  The smiley face is also on a dimensional foam dots.

This sketch is a great jumping off point for a fun card.  Come play along with RetroRubber Blog Challenge and share your creation by July 17th.

6 comments:

  1. What a cute card! It's really brings a smile to my face so I know whoever receives it will REALLY smile. Love your memory of your dress and I bet your brother remembers it, too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the story about the dress! This is a such a great card! That you have to smile! It reminds me of growing up in the 70's with the smiley face everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Neva: This image of the smiley face is ageless and it will endure the test of time, you can't help but smile when you see it. The colors are so bright and fun on your card and they do remind me of the 70s. Believe it or not, I had a kitchen table cloth I made with this pattern, the only difference was the background was blue.
    Thank you for the blast from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun and festive, Neva! It will definitely bring a smile to your friend's face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card makes me happy! Love the smiley and happy colors so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card just makes me SMILE! So vibrant and sunny.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!