Today is Veteran’s Day in the United States, and is celebrated in other parts of the world as Armistice Day or Remembrance Day to mark the end of World War I. I was privileged to attend a high school assembly that honored veterans. Notably the oldest living recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor is a graduate of Bend Senior High School, and a current resident of Bend. A staff member in full dress military uniform who served eight tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan was honored to place Robert Maxwell’s medal for him during the assembly. The school also honored six fallen service men and women from the War on Terror, one of whom I was a friend with during his years in Bend. It was an incredible time of respect and remembrance. It was also amazing the percentage of students who stood to indicate a family member has served at one time in the armed services. I am proud to be an American and to honor those who gave our freedoms to us through their service.
What a lead in for the current challenge at Ruby's Rainbow Challenges #117, to use the colors of red, white, and blue. It just so happens that I volunteered to make cards for the care packages our church sends to members who are currently deployed, so I am taking this opportunity to start on a few with this CAS design.
1. Mask the bottom the bottom portion of Stamper's Best "Thank you for your service" and ink the top portion with Versa Magic Night Sky. Remove mask and stamp on white card stock. Trim sentiment to 2 7/8" x 1 7/8". (With solid rubber images this is often quicker than using a stamp positioner.)
2. Trim red ribbon to 12" and 6 1/2". Tie a double looped bow with a backing ribbon on the Zutter Bows-It-All v.2.
3. Run a line of adhesive along the back of the sentiment and adhered the backing ribbon. Slide the bow into the desired position.
4. Back with Kraft card stock trimmed to 3 1/8" x 2 1/8".
5. Trim red and blue panels to 1 5/8" x 4", and white panel to 1 3/4" x 4". Lay side by side in the Darice Stars Assorted embossing folder and pressure emboss. Apply temporary adhesive to each panel and place on Kraft A-2 sized card.
6. Run a line of adhesive along edges of sentiment panel and adhere. Remove from the card base and wrap ends of ribbon around back of outside panels and adhere. Adhere to Kraft A-2 sized card.
Come and play along with our red, white, and blue theme at Ruby's Rainbow Challenges and enter your card or project!
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges: