It is my turn to select the theme over at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges and since we are very close to the Christmas Season I thought a Christmas challenge with a Metallic twist would be fun! Christmas is my favorite season of the year; I love the carols, decorations, the food, being with family and friends, but most importantly the Celebration of Christ’s birth! Please join us and share your Christmas cards that have a bit of metallic glitter!
This card includes metallic ink and two metallic glossy papers plus a little shimmer from Imagine Crafts Vertigo. The metallic ink floats over the Christmas tree image on a piece of recycled packaging. The tiny ornaments are created with irResistible Pico Embellisher in Lady Bug.
Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Products: Craft Mat; StazOn Cactus Green, Forest Green, and Gold; Vertigo in Pebbles; irResistible Pico Embellisher in Lady Bug.
Other: Spellbinders Labels Eight and Decorative Labels Eight; Impression Obsession DIE236-N Merry Christmas; Card stock in green, white, metallic gold and metallic gloss red; recycled packaging for window; stamp positioner; die cut machine, Denami Design stamps: Tree and Tree Scribble; temporary, wet, dry and dimensional adhesive.
1. Die cut parts of the card from green, white, and metallic red card stock. Spellbinders Labels Eight and Decorative Labels Eight were used in this design. The fold of the card is lined up just inside the die cut edge to create a shaped card. The card base is pressure embossed with a tan mat. Die cut Impression Obsession Merry Christmas from gold metallic card stock.
2. Prep window from recycled packaging. Corners will be trimmed to fit after design is stamped.
3. Prep stamp positioner with tree and scribe image. Stamp tree image in Forest Green StazOn towards the top of the white card stock die cut. This will leave room for the die cut sentiment. Using a very light hand, place random dots of irResistible Pico Embellisher in Lady Bug for ornaments and set aside to dry.
4. Align and stamp the tree image in Cactus Green StazOn on the back of the packaging window and let dry. This will produce a shadow and three dimensionality to the image.
5. Flip window over and align and stamp tree scribble in Gold StazOn. Trim corners of window to fit inside the red metallic card stock frame and adhere.
6. Place frame and window UNDER Vertigoa and line up Labels Eight to die cut Vertigo frame. Adhere to the back of the red metallic frame and window.
7. Edge card base with Gold StazOn.
8. Line up white card stock with tree image on the card base and adhere.
9. Adhere Vertigo, red metallic frame and window with dimensional adhesive. Adhere Merry Christmas sentiment with wet adhesive.
Do stop on by and enter the Ruby's Rainbow Challenges with your Metallic Christmas card or project!
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges: