Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Color My World Congratulations


Time for a new challenge over at Retro Rubber!  Go check out the cool cards created for this color challenge.


I choose to go with a sketch from CAS(E) this sketch and keep the card look simple.  It is graduation season and a few congratulations with a few balloons will do the job nicely I think!



The balloon image is from Hampton Arts set released in 2015, but I couldn’t find a name on the set.  It is actually a birthday set!  The sentiment is from the 2014 Fiskars Simple Expression set.  The balloons are stamped directly on the card front in Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  The images are colored with Fireworks Sprays.  I tapped a little on my craft mat and picked up the color with a small paint brush.  I didn’t have a teal color but a mix of New Sprout and Bahama Blue created a great teal!  New Sprout and Lulu Lavender complete the coloring.  The stars are punched from cardstock and colored in the same manner.  The sentiment is stamped in Versa Mark on Black cardstock and heat embossed with Detailed White Embossing Powder.  The stars and sentiment are adhered with dimensional foam adhesive.  The card didn’t really look festive enough so I tapped on the Fireworks Sprays from spray tube to create splats.  After mixing the color for the teal I did the same with a small paint brush.  This card will be in the mail soon to a lucky graduate!

Come join us a Retro Rubber and play along with this challenge.  Remember to use a stamp at least 1 year or older and list how long you have had it in your stash.  We also ask that you enter up to 10 challenges including Retro Rubber's #63.  Thanks!

I would like to enter the following challenges:
   


8 comments:

  1. A Wonderful card with great interpretation of the sketch, lovely colours too. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room stars challenge. Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute grad card! I love the CAS style for it and the splatters really made it special. The lucky graduate will definitely enjoy this card so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way the challenge colours work so well with the black sentiment strip and let it stand out. Love the askew letter of the 'congratulations' stamp - they look a bit like they're dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neva, what a fun and oh so CAS card, love how you incorporated the colors of the challenge on it, and I agree with Jan, the CONGRATULATIONS sentiment's letters looks like they are indeed dancing.
    Fab Grad card!!
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you even do CAS very well!! Love the splatters and the sentiment is a wonderful touch... great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute sentiment stamp, loving the black and white on color! Great card!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool card Neva, I love the splatters. The heat embossed sentiment is a really nice touch. Claire x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!