Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Drive layout featuring Powder Puff Chalking Inks


Neva here to share a layout that uses part of the March Club Q kit as well as features Powder Puff Chalking inks to create a boy-centric layout.  The base layer, frames, journal tag, button, and banner from the kit worked perfectly!


The strips are from Spring Showers 103, which were left-over from layouts I made earlier this month. 


To make the tire track embellishments:
o   Four 4 ¼” x 5 ½” sections of gray cardstock are trimmed 
o   I gently rubbed Deep Sea across the raised tire track surface of the embossing folder, then pressure embossed each one. 
o   Each set is trimmed with scissors and an Exacto Knife in between the tracks. 
o   After the placement of photos was determined I selectively trimmed the tracks to make a complete pattern across the bottom of the layout.

The left side features two photos that showcase the event and the journaling tag.  A small bit of raffia is threaded through the button before it is adhered to the layout.


The right side features the title stamped in Deep Sea on the banner.  Rather clever of me to come up with a spot-on title with five letters, don’t you think?  Brads from the kit anchor the banner to the layout so it doesn’t seem to float off the page. 
  
My husband really liked the simplicity of this layout as it allowed the photos about the event to really shine.  Watching your children enjoy life is always a pleasure!  Thanks for stopping by, Neva

Quick Quotes Products:
Spring Showers 103 Coming Soon
March Club Q Ultimate Kit
Powder Puff Chalking Inks:  Deep Sea

Other Products:
Tire Track embossing folder by Darice
Farmhouse Capitals Large by Technique Tuesday
White cardstock from my stash
Gray cardstock from my stash
Raffia from my stash

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful layout and a great way to preserve precious memories!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!