Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Back 2 School for Quick Quotes

Hello Quick Quotes enthusiasts, Neva here to share a fun layout I created for our most recent back to school photos.  My youngest started school last week, so he is featured by himself.  This is the first year in many, that we have only one starting school!


I was inspired to use the color in the photos as well as think about my son's school colors, which do include blue.  Selections from Secret Garden and Spring Showers complement each other well.  A great vellum saying and a sentiment from the Farmhouse collection both work with the topic and color scheme.
  • Secret Gardens 101 is used for the background.
  • Secret Gardens 105 is trimmed to 7" x 12" and inked with Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Deep Sea.
  • Spring Showers 103 is trimmed to 2 1/4" x 10 1/2" and inked with Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Green With Envy from the newly released Retired Colors Set.  I am really loving this set by the way!
  • The photos are backed with white cardstock trimmed to 6 1/4" x 4 1/4" and 4 1/4" x 3 1/4" and inked with Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Green With Envy.
  • The journal strips are trimmed to 1/2" and the length necessary to accommodate the journaling.   The edges are inked with Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Green With Envy.
  • The sentiment from Farmhouse 600 is trimmed and the corners are carefully rounded with scissors. 
  • The edges are inked with Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Deep Sea.

I wanted to convey the sentiment of the page with out adding a huge title, so I decided to create my own "patterned paper" as an accent.
  • White cardstock is trimmed to 1 3/8" x 10".
  • The Back 2 School sentiment is stamped repeatedly down the strip with Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Green With Envy.  I purposefully staggered the stamping to avoid trying to line up the sentiment perfectly, I added little bit of randomness for more interest.
  • The edges are also inked to match in Green With Envy.  
  • The vellum saying is backed with white cardstock then trimmed to the blue outline.  The patterns behind the saying were a bit distracting without the cardstock behind it. 
  • The edges are inked with Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Deep Sea.
At first I did not include the stamped Back 2 School strip or the photo frames on this layout.  It seemed too plain and needed a bit more.  With these two additions, the layout really has more pizzaz!

Quick Quotes Products
Secret Gardens 101 and 105
Spring Showers 103
Never Forget Who You Are K134
Farmhouse Strip 600
Powder Puff Chalking Ink Deep Sea, Green With Envy

Other Products
Smarty Pants stamp set by Unity Stamp Company
Evergreen by Zig Writer 
White cardstock

Thanks so much for stopping by Quick Quotes!
~Neva

1 comment:

  1. Each new year in school is an adventure and you have captured the essence of this with this layout. I wish him a great year!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!