Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Happy 50th Anniversary for Retro Rubber

We have an excellent sketch for Retro Rubber Blog Challenge for the next two weeks.  Check it out!


It is great when the elements of a sketch lend themselves easily to a card I need to create.  My Aunt and Uncle are celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary this fall, so the sketch was great starting point for their card.



I started with an A-7 cream card base, and die cut a rectangle section for the main panel using Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Rectangles.  Wedding Bells by DeNami Design released in 2004 is stamped in Delicata Golden Gltiz.  I used this stamp on my wedding invitations in 2004, and I think this is the first time it has seen ink since!  The sentiment is from Sincere Sentiments by SC Designs from February 2017.  It is one of those sets that come packaged with Cardmaking & Papercraft  from the United Kingdom.  It has been a very versatile set!  It is heat embossed with clear embossing powder over Delicata Golden Glitz. 

To add a bit of bling I trimmed a section of Paper Studio's Glittered Cardstock in gold for the bottom panel of the sketch.  The "50" is die cut from the same with Quickutz Frankie font.  I have paper packs from about 2006 that were purchased at Costco that my mom, sister and I split, so that we have two of each sheet.  Obviously that was plenty as many sheets are still in my stash!  Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Circles is used to die cut the small circle from this swirl embossed Mulberry paper.

Do come play along with us at Retro Rubber!  We ask that you use at least one stamp older than a year and tell us how long you have had it in your stash.  Please enter only 10 or fewer challenges along with ours!

Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Anniversary card, golden and so elegant, your aunt and uncle will be delighted to receive it to celebrate this wonderful milestone in their marriage.
    Awesome card teammate.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant anniversary card and perfect for your aunt and uncle's special day! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fifty years - what an achievement! I think you've created them a classically elegant card which is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so beautiful and elegant looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Neva, so elegant and I really love how you have matched the 50 to the glittery strip. Fifty years!! Gosh that is a special milestone. My parents have been together 47 years this year.. Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Neva and what a special occasion too. Love the use of the gold glitter paper finishing your card of perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!