Monday, November 19, 2018

In my Prayers

The father of a dear friend of mine passed away last week.  He lived a wonderful 104 years!  It is time to support my friend through the journey of grief, and a sympathy card is just the beginning!


With a little inspiration from Sketch Saturday I created her card last night.  I was glad to have the Encouraging Words stamp set from Stampendous with is simple and elegant sentiments and leaves designs in my stash.  I stamped the leaf stems and the sentiment in memento Luxe Rich Cocoa and heat embossed the images with clear embossing powder.  A second set of leaves were stamped then water colored with VersaFine Habanero and Ink Potion No. 9.  The leaves are then fussy cut.  The Stitched Ovals die from Elizabeth Craft Designs was used to die cut the oval shape.  The leaves are adhered with glue dots and dimensional foam adhesive to add a bit of dimension.  A very old sheet of Double Mates in coffee brown is used to create the panel and the backing.  The light side is trimmed and stamped with additional sentiments in VersaFine Habanero.  The dark side is pressure embossed with Basket Weave background by Darice.  A section of ribbon from my stash completes the sketch.



The interior of the card features another sentiment and a few more leaves from the set.  I am very pleased with the final card, it is elegant and fall like.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Sketch Saturday #540

Addicted to Stamps #168 AG with the option of ribbon

5 comments:

  1. The card you made is gorgeous. I am sure your friend will be uplifted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fall colors!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty. I love that embossing folder that you used. Thanks for sharing this over on the Sketch Saturday blog. Good luck!
    ~Jo, SS-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This beautiful cards would make anyone's day a bit brighter. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Project. Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps for our ribbon challenge
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!