Thursday, November 1, 2018

More Travel Fun with Quick Quotes

Hello to all our friends in blogland, Neva here to share a layout featuring a few Powder Puff Chalking Inks and Far and Away papers and quotes.  I have demolished a major part of this collection but still had a few sheets that featured the postmarks that I thought would be great for a layout from our visit to Berlin.


This layout came together rather quickly by using a clean design and a few embellishments from the Far and Away collection.
  • Far and Away 105 is trimmed to get the orange postmark strip.  It is 1 1/8" x 8 1/2" on the left side and 1 1/8" x 12 on the right side of the layout.  Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Barn Board inks the edges. 
  • Far and Away 105 is trimmed to 6" x 8 1/2" and 6" x 12".  Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Blue Moon inks the edges. 
  • Far and Away 104 is trimmed to 2" x 8 1/2" and 2" x 12".   Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Barn Board inks the edges.  
  • A little secret here, originally I had the papers extend across the entire double page layout, but decided I wanted to add the inked globe, so I trimmed the papers back a few inches. 
  • Far and Away 100 is trimmed to 4 1/2" x 11".  Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Barn Board inks the edges.  
  • Fiber is adhered to the back of the bottom section before it is adhered to the cardstock base. 
  • The title is die cut and inked with Blue Moon Powder Puff Chalking Ink.  I debated between using the German name or the English name . . . and went with the version that we can understand!
  • To add the globe, I first die cut a circle in a sheet of paper and placed as a reverse mask around the area I wanted to ink.  The opening is slightly larger than the globe stencil.
  • Using Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Blue Moon I and an Ink Blusher I gently blended the ink onto the white cardstock base through the stencil.
  • A saying from Far and Away 500 is trimmed and inked with Blue Moon Powder Puff Chalking Ink.
  • I still had a few small scraps of Far and Away 101, so it is used to back embellishments and inked with Barn Board Powder Puff Chalking Ink.
  • The same is done with the tourist card I collected while in Berlin, and with the journaling block.



  •  The pennants are trimmed from Far and Away 600 and inked with Barn Board Powder Puff Chalking Ink.
  •  The pennants are adhered directly below the fiber.
  • Wet adhesive secures the fiber in place so it appears that the pennants are attached.
Quick Quotes Products
Far and Away Paper Pack
Far and Away Quotes and Phrases 12" x 12"
Far and Away Quotes and Phrases
Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Blue Moon and Barn Board

Other Products
White Cardstock
Globe Stencil by Stencil Girl
Ink Blusher by Tsukineko
Fiber from my stash
Just a Note--Jen Long by Sizzix   

It was a wonderful stop during our city tour of Berlin, and this layout brings back great memories.  Thank you for joining us at Quick Quotes today!  
~Neva 



1 comment:

  1. Great layout and it will be so fun to look back in the future to see these wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!