This layout came together rather quickly by using a clean design and a few embellishments from the Far and Away collection.
- Far and Away 105 is trimmed to get the orange postmark strip. It is 1 1/8" x 8 1/2" on the left side and 1 1/8" x 12 on the right side of the layout. Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Barn Board inks the edges.
- Far and Away 105 is trimmed to 6" x 8 1/2" and 6" x 12". Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Blue Moon inks the edges.
- Far and Away 104 is trimmed to 2" x 8 1/2" and 2" x 12". Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Barn Board inks the edges.
- A little secret here, originally I had the papers extend across the entire double page layout, but decided I wanted to add the inked globe, so I trimmed the papers back a few inches.
- Far and Away 100 is trimmed to 4 1/2" x 11". Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Barn Board inks the edges.
- Fiber is adhered to the back of the bottom section before it is adhered to the cardstock base.
- The title is die cut and inked with Blue Moon Powder Puff Chalking Ink. I debated between using the German name or the English name . . . and went with the version that we can understand!
- To add the globe, I first die cut a circle in a sheet of paper and placed as a reverse mask around the area I wanted to ink. The opening is slightly larger than the globe stencil.
- Using Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Blue Moon I and an Ink Blusher I gently blended the ink onto the white cardstock base through the stencil.
- A saying from Far and Away 500 is trimmed and inked with Blue Moon Powder Puff Chalking Ink.
- I still had a few small scraps of Far and Away 101, so it is used to back embellishments and inked with Barn Board Powder Puff Chalking Ink.
- The same is done with the tourist card I collected while in Berlin, and with the journaling block.
- The pennants are trimmed from Far and Away 600 and inked with Barn Board Powder Puff Chalking Ink.
- The pennants are adhered directly below the fiber.
- Wet adhesive secures the fiber in place so it appears that the pennants are attached.
Far and Away Paper Pack
Far and Away Quotes and Phrases 12" x 12"
Far and Away Quotes and Phrases
Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Blue Moon and Barn Board
Globe Stencil by Stencil Girl
Ink Blusher by Tsukineko
Fiber from my stash
Just a Note--Jen Long by Sizzix
It was a wonderful stop during our city tour of Berlin, and this layout brings back great memories. Thank you for joining us at Quick Quotes today!