We are back for another year of playing with our Retro Stamps over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog. Do come and check out the fun cards the design team created for this theme.
I have a nephew with a January birthday, so this was a perfect opportunity to make a masculine card with a stamp set intended for Christmas by Taylored Expressions named Simply Stamped Pine Cones released in October 2015.
- The front of an A-2 card is pressured embossed with Darice's Snowflake Background embossing folder to add a bit of texture and interest to the base card.
- The pine cones are a three layer stamp set with matching dies. I stamped them in Versa Magic Wheat, Sahara Sand, and Jumbo Java.
- Lawn Fawn Large Cross Stitch die is used to create a card front. Versa Magic in Sahara Sand is used to color the background, and Versa Magic is used to inked the edges.
- The bough is stamped in Versa Magic Jumbo Java, and the pine needles are Stamped in Tea Leaves.
- The sentiment is Taylored Expressions as well, their original Simple Strips released in April 2019. It is stamped in VersaFine Nocturne and heat bossed with clear embossing powder. A matching die cuts the entire set out at one time. It is lightly sponged with Versa Magic in Wheat.
- The layers are adhered together using dimensional foam tape behind the card front and the center pine cone. The sentiment is adhered directly to the card front panel.
This card was fun to put together once my creative mojo started flowing. I hope you find your time to create a winter themed card and share with us over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.
- We require stamps older than one year. If we feel you are using newer stamps, you may be disqualified from the challenge without notification.
- New papers/dies are OK – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Please note that all challenges require the use of at least one stamp older than a year.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. Use keyword RRCB197. No backlinking.
- Link back to the blog using the Linky Tools by the due date.
- Enter as many times as you like.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with a maximum of 10 challenges. Entries linked to more than 10 challenges will be disqualified without notification.
- If your project is posted on a private group site such as Split Coast Stampers or a photo sharing site not all DT members may be able to comment. Thank you for understanding.
- Turn off Word Verification. We love to comment but word verification can make that difficult.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful 2023!