It just seems right to send seasonal feminine birthday cards. Spring and Summer are easy with pastels or bright colors and flowers or butterflies. Winter brings snow flakes or snow scenes. However I find fall to be a tad more difficult, but once I decided on an image and a sentiment this card just flowed together.
Supplies: Tsukineko/Imagine Crafts: Kaleidacolor Tomato Vine; Memento Luxe Rich Coca, Dandelion, Love Letter; Vertigo Pebbles, Ink blushers. Darice: Damask embossing folder. Spellbinders: Fluer de Lis Squares. Ann-ticipations: Tree image. Autumn Leaves Stampology Greetings by Rhonna Farrer: Happy Birthday. Mark Richards Crystal Stickers. McGill: Victorian corner punch. Offray: sheer orange ribbon, sheer yellow ribbon. Misc: Cuttlebug machine with plates and metal shim, soft rubber brayer, cream card stock, sanding block, heat tool, adhesive, glue dots, and dimension foam adhesive.
1. Cut cream card base 10” x 6 ½ “ and fold in half. Ink edges with Memento Rich Coca.
2. Cut cream card stock panel 6 ¼” x 4 ¾”. Ink with soft rubber brayer with Kaleidacolor Tomato Vine. Pressure emboss with Damask embossing folder. Sand color off to reveal Damask pattern.
3. Die cut Vertigo with Spellbinders Fluer de Lis Squares. The metal shim allows a quick clean die cut.
4. Mask edges of Fluer de Lis Squares frame and stamp Ann-ticipations tree image in Memento Luxe Rich Coca. Ink edges of frame. Heat set ink.
5. Ink back of image with ink blusher and Memento Luxe Dandelion and Love Letter. Heat set ink.
6. Cut cream card stock 3 ¼” x 3 ¼” and ink edges with Rich Coca.
4. Apply brown Crystal stickers to corners of frame. This will conceal the glue dots. Apply glue dots to back of Fluer de Lis Square and adhere 3 ¼” x 3 ¼” card stock.
7. Cut cream card stock 4 1/8” x 1 3/8” and punch corners with McGill Victorian corner punch. Ink with soft rubber brayer and Memento Luxe Rich Coca. Ink edges. Stamp Autumn Leaves Stampology Greetings by Rhonna Farrer: Happy Birthday image using the red/orange section on Kaleidacolor Tomato Vine.
8. Tie a small a small bow with Offray sheer orange ribbon and sheer yellow ribbon. Adhere with a glue dot to sentiment panel.
9. Assemble card: Adhere Damask panel to card base, adhere Fluer de Lis Square and sentiment panel with dimension foam.
This was a fun way to spend the afternoon! I've been working on a project that I can not yet reveal, but spending a little time making a beautiful card was wonderful!
This card has been entered in the following challenges:
Thank you for stopping by, and as always comments are not only welcome but appreciated too!