Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Black and White color challenge for Retro Rubber

We are off and running into the New Year, Happy 2019 everyone!  At Retro Rubber we have a new challenge for you and it is easy peasy!


Now for my version of the Black and White challenge, and no you don't have to adjust your color on your computer monitor!


I photographed my card on a black background, so this photo actually looks like it might be black and white photo!    I used two different black specialty cardstock sections to create this card.  The base is Bazzill Bling and is very pretty, the frame is Fancy Pants Designs black glitter paper.  To make the frame I die cut the glitter paper using Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Rectangles.  I die cut a lattice from white cardstock using Spellbinders Fancy Lattice.  It is layered it between the two black sections and added a bit of dimension with foam adhesive.  The snowflake flower is actually Arianna Lace by Heartfelt Creations die cut from white cardstock.  Shimmer vellum is die cut with Spellbinders Petite Ovals Small then stamped with Memento Luxe Ink in Wedding Dress.  The stamp is the Sincere Sentiments from early 2017 by SC Design.  I used several from the set to fill the oval.  The finishing touch is a gem by Creative Imaginations from their Signature Collection.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Please join us at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.  We have very simple rules 1)  Use a stamp that is at least 1 year or older and tell us how old it is 2)  Enter up to 10 challenges including ours.  Have a wonderful 2019!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous design. Love the clean, crisp effect you get using black & white. What an awesome challenge, thank you for sharing & inspiring me today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neva, this is so very gorgeous! I love the black and white combo and you picked the perfect dies to enhance the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neva, what a gorgeous card, love the amazing snowflake layered like that and all the beautiful details on this panel, from the lattice background to the vellum embossed sentiment, so very lovely.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the various textures you've got going on from the roughness of the glimmer paper, the smoothness of the vellum and the laciness of that amazing die cut flower. It makes me want to touch it in wonder. The photography is pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love all of the textures Neva, the giant lacy flower is my fave thing ever and I love your perfect vellum embossing, beautiful every element of it. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card! Amazing textures and layers - so elegant.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!