Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Ice Sktaing Giggle & Grins

Welcome to 2019!  I am sharing a seasonal layout featuring the B-side of Spring Showers from Quick Quotes.  The subdued colors highlight the colors of the photos that lend nicely to a balanced composition.


Last winter our family went to visit the local outdoor Parks and Rec Skate Rink.  We were pleasantly surprised, and enjoyed a session of skating.  Even have the photos taken by my husband to prove it!  The lighting was not great but a few colors in the photos led me to use Spring Showers to create this layout.  All of the blue layers are inked in Deep Sea Powder Puff Chalking Ink, and the orange and stripes are inked in Barn Board Sea Powder Puff Chalking Ink.
  • Spring Showers 102 is used for the background.
  • Spring Showers 100 is trimmed to 6" x 12" and adhered to span the two pages.
  • Spring Showers 101 is trimmed to 2" x 12" and is adhered to the left edge of the layout.
  • Spring Showers 104 is trimmed to 3" x 4 1/2" to mat the top right photo where it goes above the blue mat.
  • Spring Showers 103 is trimmed right along the edges of the diamonds, it is approximately 1/2" wide.  These are adhered just inside the edges of 100, I think it looks a bit like washi tape! 
  • Another section of 103 is trimmed to 3" x 5" to add a double mat the top right photo. This technique provides more room to add another photo and adds visual interest.


I had a few die cut pieces left over from the June 2018 Club Q kit that also featured Spring Showers.  A bit of modification made them perfect for this layout.
  • Spring Showers 104 was a pennant that I trimmed into three sections, adding tails to the third shape.  They are 2" x 4 1/2" (upper left), 2" x 2" and 2" x 3 1/8".
  • Spring Showers 101 is trimmed to 2" x 3 3/8" and the tails are trimmed into the shape to match the pennants.

I will admit I struggled a bit to come up with a catchy title, that morphed as I completed the layout.  First I started with Skating Giggles, when it was complete turned into Ice Skating Giggles & Grins.  It also moved around the page before I was finally satisfied!  I think the pop of orange color moves your eye through the layout and I am very pleased with the final outcome.

Quick Quotes Products
Spring Showers Paper Pack
Powder Puff Chalking Ink--Deep Sea, Barn Board

Other Products
Tangerine by Quickutz
Teal Zig Writer

Thank you for stopping by!  It is my hope that 2019 brings you and your families much joy!
~Neva

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!