I keep a file of scrap papers together for the express purpose of making cards. This card was created from one of those baggies of scraps. I also had some brand new dies and stamps from My Favorite Things that I thought would be fun to use.
- I started with a very old, but pretty feminine glitter paper by Die Cuts With a View. There are little glitter highlights in the centers of the flowers. It is trimmed to 3 7/8" x 4 7/8". The edges are inked in Memento Luxe Elderberry to give it a finished look.
- The card base is from Recollections and is 4" x 5", slightly smaller than A2 standard size.
- A small piece of Bazzill purple cardstock was die cut with MFT Wonky Stitched Ovals.
- The image by MFT Birthday Greetings is stamped Memento Luxe Elderberry ink and heat embossed with Creations Unlimited Mystic Rainbow embossing powder. It is amazing in person, but hard to photograph the glittery shimmer of this embossing powder!
- I used the large MFT Wonky Stitched Rectangles to die cut the edges of the strip across the design.
- The card is adhered together with the sentiment raised up with dimensional foam adhesive.
- The interior is stamped with a matching image from MFT Birthday Greetings in Memento Luxe Elderberry ink.
This card came together very quickly and is now ready to cheer someone's birthday that is coming soon! Thanks for stopping by!
I am delighted to enter the following challenges:
(I used glitter, die cut, and blue for my inspiration.)