Sunday, April 14, 2019

My Baptism Layout

Here are a few pages that commemorate a special event in our boys lives.  Less than a year after the boys came home from Russia we received news that their God Parents were coming to visit us in Bend over Father's Day weekend.  What a perfect time to plan their Baptism!  We had a full weekend of celebrating both at church, in our home, and out in nature.


A few years back I found some give-away items at a crop and snagged a few sets of of Baptism related stickers made by Karen Foster Design printed in 2005 aptly named Baptism.  The colors turned out to be perfect for the photos, and thus guided my choice of papers.  Two colors of Craft Smith Cardstock were selected along with one pattern from Provo Craft Slab III and one pattern from Hot Off The Press. 
  • A strip of blue cardstock 2 1/2" x 11 1/2 was pressure embossed with Darice's Crosses,  which had a narrow slot to move the paper through to get a mostly continuous pattern.  A little secret here, I covered the area that didn't match with a strategically placed sticker!
  • The embossed pattern is backed with patterned papers.
  • Three crosses are die cut from white cardstock with Spellbinders Crosses Two.  Two are also pressure embossed with the pattern on the dies.
  • The right side of the layout has one pattern trimmed to 7" x 8" inches.  I choose to not extend it all the way across the page to allow large die cut cross to shine.
  • The blue cardstock is trimmed to 8 1/2" x 12, and patterned paper strips are layers behind the cardstock.
  • Another secret, I gutted the one edge of the blue cardstock for the blue journaling blocks.  I had longer story to share, and it best fit by word processing and printing onto the cardstock.
  • Brads are added to the baptism stickers.  A few already had holes to be embellished.
  • The baptism stickers and crosses are adhered to finish the page.
Know that I appreciate you stopping by and viewing my blog.  I enjoy sharing the creative process with all of you!

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!