Monday, April 8, 2019

Climbing On Smith Rock

This is a layout that commemorates a really fun day for my older son.  It was also I day where I took probably 100 photos and decided to narrow it down to just five!  These photos were perfect for the sketch we have for this month at Stick It Down:

I wanted really subtle patterns to allow the photos to shine, so I dug through my old Provo Craft Slabs and found a selection of twelve different papers that coordinated. 

  • The papers were trimmed to fit the sketch design in varying diagonals.
  • In the photo on the far right, I used two arrow veneers to mark the locations of my son at the top of the pitch and his guide midway up the pitch. 
  • The journaling was printed and added as an embellishment. 
  • I die cut 4 layers of the state of Oregon using the Quickutz Oregon die.  Gelly Roll White pen by Sakura is used to mark the spot.  
  • SEI En Route is used to stamp the compass in Memento Tuxedo Black then is die cut with Spellbinders Standard Circles Small. 
  • A slide and rub-ons from my stash create the final embellishment.  
Please come join us over at Stick It Down.  We also have a single page sketch and a card sketch to play along with each month!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an adventure and a great way to capture the moment with your wonderful layout. This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!