Monday, April 15, 2019

Celebrating Baptism and Father's Day


We had a fantastic weekend a few years back and this is the second layout in the series to document the time.  I had another Baptism related embellishment in my stash that I picked up for free several years back.  This title and the many colors in the photos lead my color design choices.



I found a heidi swapp collection in my stash I don't remember purchasing or using on a layout.  A few sheets were gone, so that added to my confusion.  At any rate it was a good starting point. 

·      Several complementary patterns are trimmed from the Dreamy Collection (American Crafts).  The pink is 3/4" on both sides.  The geometric pattern is 3 1/2" on the left and 2 1/2" on the right. The pastel pattern is 6".  I wanted the blue die cut to have contrast verses being on the blue background cardstock.
·      The Baptism die cut is by Laserline.
·      Another pattern is ued to trim the frames for the 4" x 4" photos. I statred with 5 1/8" squares and used the We R memory keepers Frame Punch Board set at 3/4" borders.
·      To finish the title I pulled out a sentiment set I've had since the late 90's, Dream Ink's Words & Phrases 34 pt Dauphin.  Using a stamp positioner I stamped the phrase in Versa Color Smoke Blue around the die cut.
·      I used a scrap to print the journaling so the story would fit in a smaller space.
·      I had a few more patterned strips left so I decided to trim them to 7/8" and span the bottom of both pages to tie the layout together.  This is a duplicate layout set, one for each boys' album, so this was also a factor in my design choices.
·      I didn’t feel like the layout was complete, so I searched high and low for something to finish it off.  Finally I found a embellishments by stamping crosses and die cutting from the Jillibean Soup by Hampton Art. 
·      Looking through my Bible Journaling supplies I also found the Paper Smooches set Have Faith and Religious Words.  All the finishing embellishments were stamped in Versa Color Smoke Blue on coordinating papers from the collection.  The smallest cross is fussy cut.  The Blessed sentiment was perfect because that is how we felt on that day!
·      To add a tiny bit more, sequins by Spiegelmom Scraps collections 50’s Sock Hop, Southern Blue Bells, and Grape Juice were glued into place.  Yippee, now if finally looks “done”!

Initially I was stumped in the design process but stuck to basic design principals to create a layout that I like.   The small amounts of pink from the collection are picked up in the geometric pattern to apply the ounce quart gallon principal. The pink is the ounce, the greens the quart, and the blues the gallon.   Creating a visual triangle with the finishing embellishment added to the impact. 

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are always appreciated!

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!