Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Rainbow time!

We've been having an extraordinarily rainy spring here in Central Oregon so this challenge for Retro Rubber is perfect because I've seen a few rainbows recently!

I have a wonderful stamp and die set from The Stamps of Life by Stephanie Bernard that was released in July 2017.  Perfect for this challenge!  Once I had the stamps on my stamp positioner I decided to stamp more than one rainbow and make a series of rainbow themed cards.  The rainbows that are more pastel are the second stamping from one inking.  I like both versions!






  • All of the cards have the black outline stamped first.
  • Each color of the rainbow is stamped into position.  Memento Lady Bug, Tangelo, Dandelion, Cottage Ivy, Danube Blue, and Grape Jelly were the colors I choose to stamp the rainbow.  
  • The clouds are die cut from white cardstock and inked with Versa Cold in Smoke blue with a touch of Delicate Sapphire Blue that was left on the large Ink Dauber from a previous project. 
  • The clouds are adhered over the black outline image with dimension foam adhesive.
The following were completed for this card.
  • Light blue cardstock was die cut with Sizzix Card, Regal Stand-Ups to create the easel card.  
  • Light yellow cardstock was trimmed to fit the inside.
  • Gingham ribbon from my stash is adhered, along with a knotted bow.
  • Sayings4rainbows set provided the sentiment which is stamped in Memento Danube Blue. 
  • A few sequins from Spieglemom Scraps Southern Blue Bells were added to create a little sparkle.


This card is a second stamping for the rainbow colors.
  • The card base and front are die cut from white cardstock using the Sizzix Card, Scallop with Banners.
  • I sponged in a small amount of Versa Color Baby Blue behind the rainbow.  The edges of the card base were also inked.
  • Bakers twine from my stash is threaded through the top lace holes and a bow is added.
  • The sentiments are from Penny Black Spiritual Snippets released in 2017, and are stamped in Danube Blue Memento ink.
  • The layers are adhered together.


This card is also a second stamping version.

  • The card base is die cut from blue cardstock using the Sizzix Card, Scallop with gifts.
  • The card front also uses the Sizzix Happy Days Drop Ins Sentiments and is die cut from light yellow cardstock.  
  • A few gold sequins by Advantus Corp from the Mixed Sequins set finish the card.



The last card in the rainbow series.
  • The card base is the interior of the Sizzix Card, Scallop with Gifts and is die cut from white cardstock.
  • The sentiments are the Sayings4Rainbows set and are stamped in Memento Danube Blue.
  • A bit of Versa Color Baby Blue is sponged behind the rainbow before it is adhered with dimensional foam adhesive.
  • A few dots of Nuvo Crystal Drops and the final touches.
I hope you enjoyed my series of Rainbow cards, they were a blast to create and make each one a little different.  Please let me know what you think, comments are always appreciated!  Remember to create your own Rainbow inspired creation and post it over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.  We have a few simple rules:  1)  Use at least one stamp that is older than a year 2) Tell us how long you have had it in your stash 3) Enter up only up to ten challenges including ours.  Thanks!


3 comments:

  1. Your rainbow cards are all so very lovely. I don't have any rainbow at all either in a stamp or a die. Hmmmmm! Something to consider getting I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these cards Neva, that rainbow stamp is awesome and I love the creative ways you have used it. I love the unusual format of your first card. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card Neva
    congats :)
    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!